Bible Study Healings seed - sower and the seed

• Please we urge all unregistered users to swiftly register to enable you enjoy loads of benefits rollingout in our community. Be open to opportunities to do good for someone else today. Anything that do not please God in your life has come to distroy you.
banner

admin

BSF Senior Staff
Staff member
Premium User
Aug 19, 2023
Abuja Nigeria
The seed of healing, part 1

Jesus taught on the parable of the sower and the seed. The disciples didn't understand the parable so they asked Jesus to explain it.

Mark 4:13 NKJV 13 "And He said to them, “Do you not understand this parable? How then will you understand all the parables? 14 The sower sows the word."

In the parable, Jesus was talking about planting the Word of God and the results that believers could expect from planting it. Remember, the seed contains everything within itself to become an eventual harvest. The Word of God is the same. The seed of the Word contains the power of God within itself to bring forth a harvest.

Isaiah 55:10-11 NKJV “For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, And do not return there, But water the earth, And make it bring forth and bud, That it may give seed to the sower And bread to the eater, So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it."

If we consider the process that a farmer goes through to get a harvest, it will give us some insight.

Mark 4:14 NKJV "The sower sows the word."

A farmer just doesn't wake up in the morning and go out and throw seed on unprepared ground. He prepares the ground first.

The farmer must plan exactly how to plant his field. He takes into consideration the lay of the land for water seepage and drainage; he considers what the prevailing wind is; considers the type of soil he has and what crop would do best in that type of soil.

If he doesn't do this, after he purchases his seed and spreads it in the soil, he won't get much of a crop.

Believers must read, study, listen to the Word of God. Get the Word in their Spirit, mind and heart. Make their body, mind, emotions, and will, good ground to receive the emplanted Word of God.

Believers need to get baptized in the Holy Spirit and POWER and pray in other tongues (Acts 1:8; 2:4); so they can defeat the temptations and attacks of the devil and build up their faith. (Jude 1:20 NKJV "But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit.") If not, satan will come and take away the seed of the Word of God.

Mark 4:15-20 NKJV "And these are the ones by the wayside where the word is sown. When they hear, Satan comes immediately and takes away the word that was sown in their hearts."

Born-again believers should not allow satan to come and steal the Word when tests and trials come; when sickness, dysfunction, defects, pain, etc., attack their bodies.

16 "These likewise are the ones sown on stony ground who, when they hear the word, immediately receive it with gladness;"

We must put the Word in us and build our faith: believing that the Word of God is unchanging FACT and TRUTH and making the choice to obey it and act on it.

We must not waver! If we waver, when an extended attack of the enemy comes we will let loose of the truth of the Word and satan will win.

17 "and they have no root in themselves, and so endure only for a time. Afterward, when tribulation or persecution arises for the word’s sake, immediately they stumble."

If we try to continue to live worldly, in sin, in disobedience to the Word of God, and practice as a believer, we will not have success in the Kingdom of God. We can't spend time in the Word of God and live doing what we've always done. It just won't work for us. We are supposed to be a new creation in Christ.

18 "Now these are the ones sown among thorns; they are the ones who hear the word, 19 and the cares of this world, the deceitfulness of riches, and the desires for other things entering in choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful."

Before the farmer plants his seed, he prepares the ground: he plows his field right after the last harvest. Then he sprays to kill the weeds and the thorns. When the new planting time comes, he tills and rakes his field to get it ready for the seed. He figures out how to set up an irrigation system and gets it ready. He readies the soil to be good ground.

20 "But these are the ones sown on good ground, those who hear the word, accept it, and bear fruit: some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some a hundred.”

Jesus told us believers that tribulation would come because of the Word of God.

John 16:33 NKJV "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”

Jesus defeated the devil and gave born-again believers authority over the stupid devil. But authority is of no use to us, unless we use it!

Luke 10:19 NKJV "Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you."

We must be prepared for the attacks of the enemy. We must make the personal choice to walk in righteousness, obeying the Word of God. Then when we speak the Word of God and remind the devil what is written, the Word will work for us.

Proverbs 3:7-8 NKJV "Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the Lord and depart from evil. It will be health to your flesh, And strength to your bones."

I hope this word incourages you and stimulates you to put the spoken Word of God in your mouth and attack the enemy with it.

If you need to repent (uproot the seeds of sin that you have sown): turn from your sin, disobedience to the Word of God, and turn back to God, and make the choice to obey His Word; then ask for forgiveness in the name of Jesus, do it! Forgive everyone who has ever harmed you; forgive yourself for the hurt that you have done to others and to the heart of God.

Pastor Glenn Harrison
Author: "Two Wheels for Heaven"

BSF For Soul Wining Support Donation

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$1,000.00
Donation ends: