Church How do I know I have sound mind as a Christian? Romans 12:1-3

• Please we urge all unregistered users to swiftly register to enable you enjoy loads of benefits rollingout in our community. Be open to opportunities to do good for someone else today. Anything that do not please God in your life has come to distroy you.
banner

Emmanuel

Premium User
Oct 10, 2023
Lagos Nigeria
EVIDENCE OF A SOUND MIND

ROMANS 12:1-3
1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship.
2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
3 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you.

MEDITATION SCRIPTURE:
As God's messenger I give each of you this warning be honest in your estimate of yourself, measuring your value by how much faith God has given you (Romans 12:3 NLT).

Sound mind begins with an honest evaluation of yourself. The second part of this verse in the message Bible reads *It's important that you not misinterpret yourself as people who are bringing this goodness to God. No! God brings it all to you. The only accurate way to understand yourself is by who God is and by what He does for us, not by what we are and what we do for Him (MSB).* A sound mind is a healthy mind that sees things from God's perspective.

The so many problems and fighting we have today in the family, church and society is because so many people are sick in their minds. They can't think straight, they conclude matters on presumption and create offences even where none exists. I heard the story of a woman who went to a groundnut seller to buy some cooked groundnut in the company of her daughter.

While on their way, they were discussing a matter that was very funny. Both of them had laughed as they approached the groundnut seller. Now as they priced the groundnut, the woman remembered their previous discussion with her daughter. As she looked at her daughter's face the girl also remembered the story and both of them busted out laughing again. Remember, this had nothing to do with the groundnut seller, but she picked offence and began to abuse the woman and her daughter, calling them names and accusing them of laughing at her for no just cause.

This is the story and the true cause of many conflicts around us today. Making conclusions without inquiry and judging people without evidence is a dangerous signal that the mind is sick.

TURNING POINT:
Making conclusions without inquiry and judging people without evidence is a dangerous signal that the mind is sick.

PRAYER:
Father, heal my mind from every prejudice and presumption, O Lord in Jesus name, Amen.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
DAN. 3, 4; 1 JON. 3.

MIND BY THE WORD OF GOD, IT WILL NOT FAIL YOU, AMEN!!!*

BSF For Soul Wining Support Donation

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$1,000.00
Donation ends: