• Please we urge all unregistered users to swiftly register to enable you enjoy loads of benefits rollingout in our community. Be open to opportunities to do good for someone else today. Anything that do not please God in your life has come to distroy you.
banner

AdServersite

Premium User
Nov 24, 2023
Abuja Nigeria
Hello to all of you.

My server has been having security issues lately, and I think there may be a denial of service attack on it.
bible study forum_hosting security and software.png
But I'm attempting to determine if it's a more straightforward Denial of Service (DoS) attack or a Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS). Is there a way to rapidly determine the type of attack such as this?

How can a DDoS with several sources be distinguished from a DoS with just one source? I would also be grateful for any guidance on what to do at first when you detect unexpected traffic!

Regards.

Hello to all of you.

My server has been having security issues lately, and I think there may be a denial of service attack on it.
But I'm attempting to determine if it's a more straightforward Denial of Service (DoS) attack or a Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS). Is there a way to rapidly determine the type of attack such as this?

How can a DDoS with several sources be distinguished from a DoS with just one source? I would also be grateful for any guidance on what to do at first when you detect unexpected traffic!

Regards.
Does this cause your website to go down? CPU usage at the time of this event? Attacks often target your CPU, memory, or bandwidth. If there is a significant bandwidth assault, it will negatively impact other clients where you host that server, and the data center will get in touch with you.
whether it's a typical web attack, you can use the following command to view the top 10 IPs and the number of connections they have, or you can use it to see whether your server has several IPs assigned.
netstat -an | egrep ":80|:443" | egrep '^tcp' | grep -v LISTEN | awk '{print $5}' | egrep '([0-9]{1,3}\.){3}[0-9]{1,3}' | sed 's/^\(.*:\)\?\(\([0-9]\{1,3\}\.\)\{3\}[0-9]\{1,3\}\).*$/\2/' | sort | uniq -c | sort -nr | sed 's/::ffff://' | head
How do its play out?

The number of connections as well as the destination IP—one of your IP addresses that is linked to that computer.

BSF For Soul Wining Support Donation

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$1,000.00
Donation ends: