?Ask 1 Timothy 2:11–15 - Are women permitted to teach or head a church?

• Please we urge all unregistered users to swiftly register to enable you enjoy loads of benefits rollingout in our community. Be open to opportunities to do good for someone else today. Anything that do not please God in your life has come to distroy you.
banner

admin

BSF Senior Staff
Staff member
Premium User
Aug 19, 2023
Abuja Nigeria
1 Timothy 2:11–15
New International Version
11, A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. 13, For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. 15 But women will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love, and holiness with propriety.
Whether a woman should teach or be the head of a church has become one topic that Christians seem not to have gotten the answer to yet. Even among Bible scholars, the debate still goes on.
I will start this discussion by first reminding us of a statement made by the Apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 7:25:
He writes explicitly in 7:25, “I have no command of the Lord, but I give my opinion." In fact, as some commentators have noted, Paul appears to be emphasizing his opinion precisely because some of the Church in Corinth had previously misunderstood Paul's wishes as a command.
In 1 Corinthians 7:12, Paul states, “I, not the Lord, say. . . .” And, subsequently, in verse 40 of the same chapter, Paul makes it clear that what he is saying is “according to my judgment." Then, in 2 Corinthians 8:10, Paul states, “And in this I give my advice."
From some of these verses, it is evident that some of the things the Apostle Paul said were his opinions and judgments.
Now, regarding our topic on whether women are permitted to teach or to be the head of the church, in verse 12 of 1 Timothy chapter 2, Paul said " I ( meaning he apostle Paul, not God ) do not permit a woman to teach or assume authority over a man". Though he gave his reasons in the following verses, it's important to note that he was only expressing his own opinion and judgment.
The headship of a man over a woman ends in the family cycle when it comes to the church. Christ is the head, and both man and woman are the bride.
God bless you for reading

Hello.
I am new, so I am not sure about where I am not allowed to post.
Can I respond to or add to posts in this section?
Edit : Is anyone allowed to answer questions?
If not, please delete this post.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello.
I am new, so I am not sure about where I am not allowed to post.
Can I respond to or add to posts in this section?
Edit : Is anyone allowed to answer questions?
If not, please delete this post.
Thanks.
Only air your view on any post after reading it. You can create your own post on any of our forums that fit what you're posting about. Spamming the forum attract banning.

Only air your view on any post after reading it. You can create your own post on any of our forums that fit what you're posting about. Spamming the forum attract banning.
Thank you.

1 Timothy 2:11–15
New International Version
11, A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. 13, For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. 15 But women will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love, and holiness with propriety.
Whether a woman should teach or be the head of a church has become one topic that Christians seem not to have gotten the answer to yet. Even among Bible scholars, the debate still goes on.
I will start this discussion by first reminding us of a statement made by the Apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 7:25:
He writes explicitly in 7:25, “I have no command of the Lord, but I give my opinion." In fact, as some commentators have noted, Paul appears to be emphasizing his opinion precisely because some of the Church in Corinth had previously misunderstood Paul's wishes as a command.
In 1 Corinthians 7:12, Paul states, “I, not the Lord, say. . . .” And, subsequently, in verse 40 of the same chapter, Paul makes it clear that what he is saying is “according to my judgment." Then, in 2 Corinthians 8:10, Paul states, “And in this I give my advice."
From some of these verses, it is evident that some of the things the Apostle Paul said were his opinions and judgments.
Now, regarding our topic on whether women are permitted to teach or to be the head of the church, in verse 12 of 1 Timothy chapter 2, Paul said " I ( meaning he apostle Paul, not God ) do not permit a woman to teach or assume authority over a man". Though he gave his reasons in the following verses, it's important to note that he was only expressing his own opinion and judgment.
The headship of a man over a woman ends in the family cycle when it comes to the church. Christ is the head, and both man and woman are the bride.
God bless you for reading
Spamming with copy and paste is not allowed. write original words to avoid a ban.

BSF For Soul Wining Support Donation

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$1,000.00
Donation ends: