Daily Devotional How do I improve my spiritual health

• Please we urge all unregistered users to swiftly register to enable you enjoy loads of benefits rollingout in our community. Be open to opportunities to do good for someone else today. Anything that do not please God in your life has come to distroy you.
banner

admin

BSF Senior Staff
Staff member
Premium User
Aug 19, 2023
Abuja Nigeria
OUR SPIRITUAL HEALTH – 1

“But spiritual exercise is much more important and is a tonic for all you do. So exercise yourself spiritually, and practice being a better Christian because that will help you not only now in this life, but in the next life too.” – 1 Timothy 4:8, TLB.

A healthy spiritual life impacts your Christian living and vice versa. Just as we check our physical health, our spiritual wellbeing must be assessed periodically, to improve our level of health. In so doing, we will become better Christians and be an asset to the people around us. In view of this, we shall be looking at some of the pointers of an unhealthy spiritual life.

One of them is a lack of desire to fellowship with God – personal time with God. This is when you no longer enjoy personal devotion with the Lord in prayer and study of the Word. You do not engage in personal fasts or retreats again. Also, days can pass without you opening your Bible and you are okay. The farther you are from God, the greater your loss of spiritual sensitivity.

In other words, you lose your zeal for personal Christian disciplines and consecrations. Revelation 2:5A (TLB) ~ “Think about those times of your first love (how different now!) and turn back to me again.” The location and work of Daniel did not change his fellowship with God (Daniel 6:10). Another marker of healthy spiritual well-being manifests in accepting corrections.

When you reach a point where no one can rebuke or correct you when you are in error, or you do not submit to any authority to be corrected or disciplined where necessary, know that something is wrong. Proverbs 3:12 (NLT) ~ “For the Lord corrects those he loves, just as a father corrects a child in whom he delights.” Be accountable to an authority. May God help us to be spiritually healthy.

Prayer for today:
Holy Spirit, my helper. Help me to maintain a healthy spiritual life in Jesus’ name, Amen.

1 year Bible reading plan:
Ruth 1-4

BSF For Soul Wining Support Donation

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$1,000.00
Donation ends: