Microsoft Why did Microsoft jump straight to Windows 10 instead of Windows version 9?

• Please we urge all unregistered users to swiftly register to enable you enjoy loads of benefits rollingout in our community. Be open to opportunities to do good for someone else today. Anything that do not please God in your life has come to distroy you.
banner
Microsoft related thread

AdServersite

Premium User
Nov 24, 2023
Abuja Nigeria
No. Because the corporate/business version of Windows (NT 3.5 and 4) and the consumer version of Windows (95, 98, and Me) had completely distinct code bases back in the 1990s, applications that ran on both required slightly different logic and commands to function, which is why Windows 9 was overlooked. They therefore verified the version, which was either "NT" or "9x."

Because of the logical discrepancies and Microsoft's knowledge that many partners relied on an uncatalogable list of workarounds to determine if a host OS was "Windows 9x," there was reasonable concern that a Windows 9 could generate confusion and trouble for applications, and notably drivers.

Ten was a better number because the following version was supposed to be the "last," at least for a LONG time, similar to OS X ("After all," the marketing guru reasoned, "Why would I want Windows NINE when I can have Apple TEN?").

Indeed, in a true sense. Therefore, Microsoft decided to forego version 9 due to the code/logic and marketing reasons alone. Further marketing rationale was to further detach from the catastrophic Windows 8.

They like to claim that because Windows 10 was SO DIFFERENT, upgrading to it was the only wise move, but that is untrue.

BSF For Soul Wining Support Donation

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$1,000.00
Donation ends: