Bible Question Why is God's grace so amazing

• Please we urge all unregistered users to swiftly register to enable you enjoy loads of benefits rollingout in our community. Be open to opportunities to do good for someone else today. Anything that do not please God in your life has come to distroy you.
banner
Ask Bible Questions and answer bible questions here

admin

BSF Senior Staff
Staff member
Premium User
Aug 19, 2023
Abuja Nigeria
WHY IS GOD’S GRACE SO AMAZING?

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE
EPHESIANS 2:8-9, NKJV
”For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.“

TODAY’S WORD
We need to define amazing, and then grace. Webster’s Dictionary defines amazing as “that which causes great surprise or wonder, astonishing”. Grace is defined as “the free and unmerited favour of God as manifested in the salvation of sinners and the bestowal of undeserved blessings; divine assistance given to humans for their regeneration or sanctification.” Wikipedia defines grace as “a gift from the heavenly Father; grace is enabling power and spiritual healing offered through the mercy and love of Jesus Christ”.

God’s grace is amazing because it is an undeserved and free gift. It is the exact opposite of what we deserve; there is nothing we can do to earn or merit it. While God’s grace is free to all those who trust in Jesus as their personal Saviour, it was purchased at great price. This grace abounds only because of the atoning death of Jesus; He died in our place. The wrath we deserved was poured out on God’s only begotten Son in order that we might be reconciled or made acceptable to God the Father who is holy, holy, holy. He cannot look on sin; but because of the sacrificial death of Jesus, God looks on His children through grace-filled eyes, seeing not our sin, but the righteousness of Christ. God’s amazing grace costs us nothing; this same grace cost Jesus everything.
But grace is more than pardon, it is power. When we are made spiritually alive in Christ Jesus, only then are we able to choose not to sin. Grace is power enabling us not to sin.

When we extend the amazing grace God has given us to another, we empower that person as well. Perhaps the grace we extend will encourage, restore hope, or breathe life into what may have been viewed as a hopeless, unredeemable situation.

Why is God’s grace so amazing? Because it is of God; it originates in Him. God is amazing!

PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father God, thank You for Your gift of abundant grace. Your grace has not only saved me from sin but now reigns over me through Christ's righteousness. Thank You for paying the ultimate sacrifice that I may come into relationship with You. Help me to live in Your victory over sin and death in Jesus’ name. Amen.

BSF For Soul Wining Support Donation

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$1,000.00
Donation ends: