Poems/Poetry Why is poetry so popular?

• Please we urge all unregistered users to swiftly register to enable you enjoy loads of benefits rollingout in our community. Be open to opportunities to do good for someone else today. Anything that do not please God in your life has come to distroy you.
banner

admin

BSF Senior Staff
Staff member
Premium User
Aug 19, 2023
Abuja Nigeria
This is a clip from a speech given by the movie Dead Poets Society's John Keating:
We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.
Even though I study physics, this still captures my feelings about poetry.

Poetry is wholly human, just like music, painting, and sculpture. It involves sculpting your feelings, existence, and narrative into something incredibly unvarnished and exquisitely rendered.

Poetry transforms language into something completely different in style and craft from what might otherwise be put together in the form of prose. In my opinion, this linguistic condensation exhibits a very high level of proficiency and awareness.

Like puzzle pieces, every word is positioned exactly where it should be.

Poetry is "the spontaneous overflow of powerful feelings recollected in moments of tranquility."

While not all poems are born out of peaceful moments, they do undoubtedly require some meditation, and it is during this meditation that the spontaneity arises. I have the impression that the poet is pouring out all of his or her words onto the page in front of me as a reader.
It feels as though the poet has reached out to grasp my hand in theirs.
Poetry, in my opinion, has all the qualities one could want in a written work. Form, arrangement, feeling, and most importantly, a relationship. I'm present. I let the words go through and they get absorbed. I'm satisfied and have a deeper appreciation for the things that keep us alive.

Can't change my password ??
Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
Please tell me.
Yours faithfully.
Stop spamming the forum. We'll ban you. How can someone posting on the thread having password issue, this is last warning ⚠️. Stop posting unnecessarily on the thread.

BSF For Soul Wining Support Donation

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$1,000.00
Donation ends: