• Please we urge all unregistered users to swiftly register to enable you enjoy loads of benefits rollingout in our community. Be open to opportunities to do good for someone else today. Anything that do not please God in your life has come to distroy you.
banner
Computers related threads

AdServersite

Premium User
Nov 24, 2023
Abuja Nigeria

Computer Reboots Frequently​

I figured I'd check here to see if anyone has any recommendations before shelling out the cash for a new motherboard.

This past week, my PC began to randomly reboot. Everything just restarted as if I had hit the reset button—no blue screen, no messages. In just one week, this went from happening a few times a day to currently occurring every two to three minutes. I built it in June 2020, and up until this moment, it has been stable for four years. Everything is operating as it should.

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 7-5800X CPU, ROG Strix X570-E gaming motherboard, G.SKILL 64GB of Ripjaws V Series (4 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 3600 PC RAM, a 4TB 7200 HD, and a Seagate Firecuda 520 1TB SSD boot drive (M.2)
For data, there has a 4TB 7200 HD Seagate Firecuda 520 1TB SSD boot drive (M.2) along with an RTX 2080 GPU.

750w Corsair water cooler PS

I've tried the following, one step at a time and in no particular order:

To check if there is a heat issue, I used HWInfo, but none was detected.
using the Windows 11 memory checker, and everything seemed fine.
updated to the most recent BIOS version available on the ASUS website.

I used a spare Corsair 850w in place of the PS.
A new Samsung M.2 SSD was used in place of the SSD.
GPU swapped out
To double verify the RAM, I used a bootable USB to run memcheck; there were no issues.
I tried operating the system with just one stick of memory and removed and reseated the memory as well.
The motherboard LCD displays no codes, which results in a typical AA code during post.

It's interesting to note that the system took more than an hour to finish the RAM check when I started it from a bootable USB stick. The CPU and temperature were both reported as normal. Additionally, for thirty minutes, everything seemed stable on my Paragon Hard Disk Manager USB drive, which boots into Windows PE (I'm not sure which version). However, when I tried to install Windows 11 from USB to the new SSD, it installed and progressed to the point where it asked for login credentials before abruptly rebooting. After loading and reaching the Ubuntu desktop when booting from an Ubuntu live USB stick, the device reboots after around sixty seconds.

After that, when I tried to boot from a Zorin live USB, it did the same thing—it loaded to the desktop before abruptly shutting down after about a minute. Thus, it appears that loading the entire OS causes the reboot.

It frequently experiences severe slowdowns during the post-process when it reboots. To the point where I just turn it off, the code LED changes codes quite slowly as it uploads.

After doing everything I can think of, including changing and/or testing the motherboard, I'm at the stage where I'll be happy to try any recommendations.

Regards!

BSF For Soul Wining Support Donation

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$1,000.00
Donation ends: